We’ve all experienced a lot of change and uncertainty this year. In response, we’re constantly reviewing our underwriting philosophy to ensure we’re doing all we can to support our customers.
Effective from 6th December, we are making the following changes to our protection products, excluding Simple Life Insurance:
- Increasing the threshold at which we send a client for a Doctor examination, replacing these with Nurse examinations at lower sum assured values.
- Moving the vast majority of routine exercise ECGs to a simple blood test to speed things up for your customers. We’re also adding this test to our requirements for some customers aged 50 and over, who would already be required to give a blood sample.
- Improving our non-medical limits at younger ages for life cover and critical illness cover, increasing the threshold at which we request medical evidence.
With these changes, we’re aiming to help make life easier for you and to help more clients get the cover they need as quickly as possible.
For full details of all the above changes, please read the article on our adviser site.
Effective from the same date, we’re reducing the maximum entry age for:
• Whole of Life Insurance+ from 85 to 79 attained, and
• Business Life Insurance Options from 89 to 77 attained.
These changes mean we can continue to offer cover to most customers – 98.1% of our Whole of Life Insurance+ customers are under 79 when taking out a policy. 99.9% of our business protection customers are aged 77 or below when they take out our Business Life Insurance Options policy.
These changes will affect all new business applications submitted from the effective date – existing business applications are not impacted..
For more information please speak to your Aviva Account Manager.