On Wednesday 16th September there is a unique Connect Network opportunity for you to listen to a solicitor who really understands the complexities of the specialist BTL market. If you have clients looking to incorporate portfolios held in their personal name, split titles or how to deal with article 4 HMO property, you cannot afford to miss this session!
Julian Sampson from TWM solicitors specialises with working with property investors and also is the trainer of many lenders in respect of their specialist BTL policy.
He says: ‘We understand that there are some issues that create tension between intermediaries, lenders and acting solicitors. Our presentation, exclusive to Connect, will focus on how to solve problems with clear practical solutions. When acting on a separate representation basis for lenders, we see many borrower solicitors struggle with understanding how to structure transactions to satisfy lending policy and some of the funding peculiarities that non-bank specialist lenders impose’
In his presentation Julian will cover:
Solving Problems: HMOs and Planning
- how to deal with Article 4 Directions
- how to argue material changes for Sui Generis use
- how to argue deemed consent for pending licencing applications
- why does title insurance need to be used carefully?
- how we use Statements of Truth to settle HMO issues
Solving Problems: Limited Companies, Incorporating a Portfolio
- what are the viable options for an incorporation?
- dealing with historic declarations of trust/ beneficial interest trusts
- incorporation schemes
Solving Problems: Limited Companies, Director and Shareholder Funds
- how to evidence a director loan
- what is subordination, and why do only some lenders pursue this?
- how to evidence share allocation or the assumption of value into the company balance sheet
- gifts to directors
Solving Problems: Carving out Leases and Plots and splitting title successfully with specialist lenders
- why you cant contract with yourself
- what is the Land Registry looking for to achieve a successful split
- the specialist lender’s requirements on the price paid: how to document this, and mitigate SDLT implications
- structuring a lease carve out
- splitting a plot
Wednesday 16th 10am
Training ID: 461-793-772
Register straight away as places are limited. Once registered, you will receive access details and reminders.