Important – directly below is the key information you need to know at a glance. However, if you have a client that requires an extension, both you and your client will need to read our comprehensive customer FAQs for full information and to ensure they qualify, before applying.
• The application is for a property purchase, either Residential or Buy to Let
• Contracts have been exchanged prior to requesting an offer extension – in line with Government guidelines
• The current offer;
• Expired after 26 March
• Due to expire in the next 30 days
• There are no requested changes to the mortgage requirements – applicants, amount, term, repayment type or rate, remain the same
• No other circumstances relevant to the mortgage application have changed
Applying for an extension
Your clients can apply directly by visiting Barclays.co.uk where they can complete an application to request an extension.
You can also complete the online application on behalf of your clients’, but you will need to have contacted all applicants
beforehand and be in a position to attest the following, that;
• Contracts have been exchanged for the purchase of the property
• No applicants have experienced a change in circumstances since their original mortgage application
• You have the permission of all applicants to submit the offer extension request
• All applicants are aware of the fact that a new Credit Reference Agency check will be completed and we may ask for income proofs
• All applicants are aware of the need to inform us immediately should any change in circumstances occur after we have extended the offer
Managing these cases
• Where email addresses have been provided on the original mortgage or offer extension application, both you and your clients, will be informed by email when the request is being processed and once a decision is made
• If any additional information is required to support the processing of the application, either yourself or your clients, will be contacted through the usual communication channels
• When the application is agreed, a new offer will be provided with a new application reference, enabling you to monitor progress in the case tracking service within the Barclays Intermediary HUB
Important – as a reminder, if you have a client that requires an extension, both you and your client will need to read our comprehensive customer FAQs for full information, and to ensure they qualify, before applying.
Other key points
• We will carry out a credit check on all applications as part of our commitments as a responsible lender.
• We will not charge any fees for this service (any standard product and application related fees will apply)
• We will pay your procuration fee as normal