At 8am on Thursday 26th November, we will be making two key updates to our mortgage range:
- End dates on all products are changing from 30th November to 31st January.
- We will be introducing a limited range of 90% LTV products, with one FTB product offering cashback and free standard valuation and two purchase products available to all but without FTB-specific features. The purchase products will have the same initial rate, with different fees subject to applicant loan sizes and all our 90% LTV products will be on five-year fixed terms only at launch.
As we have seen over recent months a lack of supply of 90% products has made it very difficult for lenders to stay in this market for long and maintain service levels. This is our first step back into this market and we hope that the presence of other lenders means that it is a sustainable place to remain.
However, as with other lenders, if we find that our service fails to keep pace with demand, in order to protect the right outcomes for customers we will reserve the right to change or remove these products with short notice. We will aim to give as much notice as is practical and our service levels and timescales can be viewed on the portal.
We will be updating our rate table and website with new product rates at 8am on Thursday 26th November when the change goes live. You will be able to find the rates here.
We’ve recently updated our lending criteria around self-employed applicants to ensure we continue to make responsible lending decisions throughout Covid-19. Self-employed applicants are now required to submit our self-employed supplementary application form as part of their mortgage application. The form allows us to gain further information on how the applicant’s business has been impacted by Covid-19 and ensures we have the most up to date information about their business. Please note, the form must be completed by the applicant.
The form can be submitted alongside the main application but if not, we’ll let you know when we need it via the portal as a case requirement. You can find a copy of the form on our website.
Please note, we also require the last 3 months of bank statements to demonstrate trading activity, the most recent of which must be dated within 2 weeks of the application date for all self-employed applicants.
We’re a whole bank packed into an app. So to get a mortgage with us each applicant will need:
- Their own smartphone or tablet, which is compatible with our app
- The Atom bank app
- Their own unique email address
- Their own unique mobile number.
Credit: Digital Mortgages by Atom