Important updates and product changes.
As the end of the year fast approaches we’re excited to tell you about a number of changes we’ve made to our product range.
We also need to update you on a change to the way we’re processing cases, in regards to our ‘minimum requirements’ documents, as well as a change to the way we disburse funds when we’re completing an application with an element of debt consolidation.
There’s also a final reminder of our festive opening hours with the last date for submission of a case being this Friday, 18th December.
Changes – Personal finance products.
- In November we increased the LTV on all of our personal finance products from 60% to 65% and we’re excited to tell you that this is increasing further again. All of our personal finance products now have a max LTV of 70% across our A and B (standard property) types.
- Please note: If a case is C type (non-standard property) then the max LTV will be 10% less than the standard LTV (to a minimum 50% LTV).
- On our second charge product range we’re reducing the minimum loan size from £50K to £30K.
Changes – Commercial finance products.
- On our residential unregulated bridging loans we’ll now accept loans up to £2m. Anything over £2m will still have to be by referral only.
- We’re also increasing our Buy to Let maximum loan size to £2m.
Changes to minimum requirements documents.
When submitting a case for either a Commercial Term or Buy to Let application, we’ve allowed some flexibility around the submission of the ‘minimum requirements’ documents as listed on the My Broker Venue checklist. As we’ve started to process the cases submitted though we’re finding that this is causing delays and in some cases, changes our lending decisions once all of the documents are submitted.
From 14th December we need to have all of the ‘minimum requirements’ documents listed below upfront. We won’t start to process your Commercial Term and Buy to Let application until we’ve received all of these documents.
If any documents are missing we’ll send a reminder after 7 days. If we haven’t received the documents after 14 days, we’ll be cancelling the case.
- Minimum requirements for internal applications: Proof of income, Valuation, Loan Agreement and Legal Charge.
- Minimum requirements for solicitors applications: Proof of income, Valuation, Corporate Structure form for company applications.
Changes to fund disbursement – debt consolidation.
If you’re submitting an application with an element of debt consolidation and as part of this application we’re redeeming existing debt, you’ll now need to send creditor statements for all items you wish to clear. We’ll no longer accept handwritten account details on our debt consolidation form. The creditor statement needs to be on headed paper and it must include the account number, sort code and an unredacted reference number. This will mean that more creditors are cleared at the first attempt.
Thank you for understanding that we need to make these changes. All of the above changes are to ensure that we have the best possible processes in place as well as allowing us to provide a faster turnaround for both you and your clients.
Is it that time already?
And don’t forget, as the festive season is nearly upon us, our last day for submission of a case is this Friday, the 18th December. Our last funding day is the 22nd December and our teams are working up until 1pm on Christmas Eve. After that we’ll be back in the office on the 4th Jan, ready to welcome you all to a new year.